BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC-users Digest, Vol 33, Issue 5

2009-01-05 10:35:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC-users Digest, Vol 33, Issue 5
From: jed <jedi.theone AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 01:33:19 +1000
Thanks Nils,

I've settled on SuperDuper/CCC + few free non-cloning dir/file syncing apps*...
Which typically use rsync (or similar) as a backend and employ launchd + an in-house or other oss app for scheduling.

So...

Syncing/Cloning et al
******************
SuperDuper
CCC

Syncing only
iBackup
SilverKeeper

There's 3 or four other apps "waiting in the wings" if some of these turn out to be duds.
>>From what I've read Time Machine may even totally supplant my syncing only app once I upgrade to Leopard.

Cheers,
Jed
*for lack of a better description!