BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backing up an ubuntu machine

2009-01-05 07:24:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backing up an ubuntu machine
From: "Jon Craig" <cannedspam.cant AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 07:21:38 -0500
Or, if your not overly paranoid about passwords and security you could
setup rsync in daemon mode and run it as a service on your system.
This would require the use of an rsync "secrets" file and you open
another potential vector for attack.  Additionally, the communications
between client and server are not encrypted so this approach would not
be suitable for environments where your network is accessible by
unknown parties.

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 3:00 AM, Adam Goryachev
<mailinglists AT websitemanagers.com DOT au> wrote:

Jonathan Craig