BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Status of fuse for viewing backuppc backups

2008-12-29 10:05:14
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Status of fuse for viewing backuppc backups
From: "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit)" <nils AT lemonbit DOT com>
To: questions and support General list for user discussion <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 16:03:44 +0100
Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:

> I would be *very* interested in hearing your (informal) roadmap of
> where you would like to take BackupPC (and where you wouldn't).
>
> As I have mentioned before, there is an almost endless amount of
> extensions that could be added ranging from very modest tweaks to
> whole new directions that would fundamentally transform BackupPC. It
> would be good to hear your views and to have an active discussion
> among users about what is the right balance of extensions and new
> functionality.

Maybe the mailinglist for development discussions might be of interest
to you? See https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/backuppc-devel

> Well, I think you have answered your own question in part. FUSE is and
> has been standard on current kernels for probably 2 years now. So, any
> recent distro will certainly have it included and I imagine by the
> time 4.x is released that even "older" distros like CentOS and RHEL
> will have it ;)

Enterprise distributions are usually not too keen on adding new
functionality to a release. I'm not sure if for instance Red Hat is
planning on adding FUSE support to RHEL 4.

Nils Breunese.