BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] One of my backups are failing

2008-12-16 11:02:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] One of my backups are failing
From: "Trey Nolen" <tnolen AT internetpro DOT net>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:57:00 -0600
I've seen problems similar to this.  A couple of suggestions:

First, it looks like it is having trouble creating files.  You didn't
mention what kind of filesystem your pool is on, so if it uses inodes, you
may want to check to make sure you haven't used them up.  You can use the
"df -i" command for this.
Second, when I've had problems similar to this, I've had good luck with
deleting the last backup and then retrying it.  When I delete the last
backup, I remove the folder for that backup and then the last line from the
backups and backups.old files. I'm not sure if that is strickly necessary,
but it works for me. :-)

Trey Nolen