BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Incremental backups aren't.

2008-12-11 02:28:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Incremental backups aren't.
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Mark Adams <mark9117 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:26:53 -0800
Mark writes:

> Just noticed the /var/log/backuppc/LOG file for BackupPC is pumping
> these out mercilessly:
>
> 2008-12-10 06:49:02 BackupPC_link got error -4 when calling
> MakeFileLink(/mnt/backup/pc/shuttle
> <http://adamsmdk/backuppc/BackupPC_Admin.cgi?host=shuttle>/0/f%2f/fhome/fmadams/f.beagle/fTextCache/f97/f1a4401-b13f-4ebb-bcc9-971de65dae6d,
>  6c34911b58a200c2e8615c3d37c8e33d, 1)
>
> And /home/madams/.beagle is supposed to be on the exclude list!

> And my per-pc config. Some of you have seen it before:
> # cat spike.pl
> $Conf{TopDir} = '/mnt/attic/spike_images';
> $Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = ['/floppy'];
> $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = ['/mnt/spike/images', '/mnt/spike/photos'];

As Holger notes you appear to be backing up more than you expect.
The $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} setting obviously isn't working.
Plus you can't set $Conf{TopDir} on a per-client basis, and
as Holger notes you should change TopDir with a symlink.

Also, is there any chance your desktop has nfs mounts of the
server, in particular including the BackupPC store?  That
recursion will make the next incremental quite large.

Craig