BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Configure TopDir per pc

2008-12-03 18:41:48
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Configure TopDir per pc
From: Mark Adams <mark9117 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 16:39:35 -0700
Hi there, me again.

I have several machines I would like to backup with BackupPC, but the
server is a humble box with several installed hard discs -- nothing fancy.

I need to backup each client machine to a different hard drive on the
server.  I have one client configured and it tries to backup my 16 GB of
data, but fails because TopDir is configured for /var/lib/bacuppc in my
/etc/backuppc/config.pl file and there simply isn't enough room for the
data there.  My reading of the docs says that I should be able to
configure TopDir in the client.pl file under
/var/lib/backuppc/pc/<client>/<client>.pl.  I have done this:

# cat /var/lib/backuppc/pc/<client>/<client>.pl
$Conf{TopDir} = '/mnt/attic/spike_images';
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = ['/floppy'];
$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = ['/mnt/spike/images', '/mnt/spike/photos'];
$Conf{ClientNameAlias} = '192.168.xxx.xxx';

But it doesn't seem to make any difference. How can I set a TopDir per pc?

Thanks.

--
Mark E. Adams

Random Musing:
What I want to find out is -- do parrots know much about Astro-Turf?