BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] mysqldump

2008-08-29 21:39:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] mysqldump
From: Ryan Manikowski <ryan.manikowski AT 2ergo DOT com>
To: Terri Kelley <neteng AT farm-market DOT net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:39:27 -0400
First off, look into using the automysqlbackup.sh script (http://sourceforge.net/projects/automysqlbackup/). That will make backup simpler. Then just call the script from the dumppreusercmd.

$sshPath -q -x -l backuppc $host /usr/bin/sudo /path/to/automysqlbackup.sh

Of course with the example above you'll have to add a line to sudoers such as:

backuppc   ALL=NOPASSWD:    /path/to/automysqlbackup.sh

Optionally you can also enable UserCmdCheckStatus if you only want the backup to run if the sql backup is successful, or just force an exit status of 0 at the end of your sql backup script.
Ryan Manikowski

System Administrator
2ergo Americas Inc.

:703.677.8499:
www.2ergo.com
Arlington, VA

This message (including attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. The content and views expressed are those of the sender and not necessarily the 2ergo Group. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy or use any part of it.  Please delete all copies immediately and notify the sender. 2ergo Americas Inc. was formerly known as Proteus Inc.

Terri Kelley wrote:
I am trying to get the mysqldump to work. In the DumpPreUserCmd, I have /usr/bin/mysqldump --add-drop-table -A -Q -u root > /home/backuppc/test/mysql.sql
I tried it with the -p and without both -u and -p. Still nothing. If I run the command on the host, it will do the dump.
Full backup etc does work via rsync. Both are current Centos boxes. and latest of BackupPC.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

tk

------------------------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url="">