BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Best practice for External USB Drives (and help)

2008-08-25 09:37:13
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Best practice for External USB Drives (and help)
From: James Robertson <j AT mesrobertson DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 23:36:57 +1000
I have setup an Ubuntu 8.04.1 Server and want to use Backup PC to backup
the localhost and some Windows PC's om the network.

I installed it on LVM with XFS so I could do snapshots of the file
system as it will be running a vmware guest.

I planned on using 3x Western Digital backup disks to perform offsite
backups.

I've done some searching on the mailing lists but having really found
anything (I could find) that covers my sitution closely and frankly I
think I need the obvious stated :)

I'm having problems undestanding how I would backup the localhost to a
rotation of media without it breaking or causing issues with the default
backup path if I linked it to the mount point of these drives???

What and how is the best way to set this up based on Ubuntu/Debian
packaged backuppc?

Thanks