BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] ps -ef shows running but no data

2008-08-22 23:00:06
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] ps -ef shows running but no data
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Terri Kelley <neteng AT farm-market DOT net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 04:59:02 +0200
Hi,

Terri Kelley wrote on 2008-08-22 16:40:44 -0500 [[BackupPC-users] ps -ef shows
running but no data]:
> I have looked in every log I can find and do not see any errors until
> I cancel the backup.

you should be able to BackupPC_zcat the XferLOG while the backup is still
running, but it may not be complete due to buffering. Is there anything in
there? Is there a $TopDir/pc/hostname/new directory? With contents?
Does increasing $Conf{XferLogLevel} give you anything interesting in the
XferLOG?

> [...]
> I set the pool on the server to be in /var/backuppc, more room there.

Correctly?

> [...]
> Looking at the host ps -ef shows:
> backuppc  9567  9565  0 16:23 ?        00:00:00 sshd: backuppc@notty
> root      9568  9567  0 16:23 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/rsync --
> server --sender --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --
> group -D --links --hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive --
> ignore-times . /home/backuppc/test/log/

The '--server' and '--sender' appear twice. I'm not sure what effect that
would have on rsync or File::RsyncP. Did you change $Conf{RsyncArgs}?

Regards,
Holger