BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive failed)

2008-08-21 19:48:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive failed)
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Terri Kelley <neteng AT farm-market DOT net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 01:42:20 +0200
Hi,

Terri Kelley wrote on 2008-08-21 14:52:40 -0500 [Re: [BackupPC-users] Got fatal
error during xfer (fileListReceive failed)]:
> [...]
> Went to the host and looked in secure logs. Found the following:
>
> Aug 21 12:39:45 test sudo: pam_unix(sudo:auth): authentication
> failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost=  user=backuppc

you'll find more in the BackupPC XferLOG before the line you will have
quoted once we get to that part of your e-mail (thank you for top-posting).

> On Aug 21, 2008, at 1:07 PM, Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) wrote:
> >Terri Kelley wrote:
> >
> >> [...]
> >>full backup started for directory /home/backuppc/test/log/
> >>Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive failed)

That one. You probably have something like
"Fatal error (bad version): sudo: bla" in there, where "bla" is the sudo error
message. Comment out 'requiretty' in your sudo configuration. Sorry, that was
stolen from Nils ;-). It's currently the favorite sudo problem on the list,
though I'm not sure if it will lead to an authentication failure.

Regards,
Holger