BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] http access

2008-08-20 12:43:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] http access
From: "Alan McKay" <alan.mckay AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Dejan Batic" <dbatic AT un-instraw DOT org>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:35:18 -0400
> If I grep the usernames from passwd file how do I add the password?
> >From what I see, the content of (for the same user/passwd combination)
> /etc/shadow is quite different from the one in /etc/backuppc/htpasswd.

In my installation I look at /etc/httpd/conf.d/BackupPC.conf and I see :

AuthUserFile /etc/BackupPC/apache.users

Which means that I have to add the username and password to that file.

So you just need to extract the username and password fields from /etc/shadow

On my box that is the 1st and 2nd fields.

Here's a little script I wrote for mine, which takes them out of our
NIS database.   But just change that line to grep right out of your
shadow password file and you should be OK

#!/bin/bash

PWFILE=/usr/share/BackupPC/apache.users
MYUSERS="user1 user2 user3"
for myuser in $MYUSERS
do
        /usr/bin/ypcat passwd | grep ^${myuser}: | awk -F: '{print $1":"$2}'
done > $PWFILE

--
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends"
 - Abraham Lincoln