BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Help backing up Microsoft SQL Server with BackupPC (and WinXPs Shadow Copy Service)

2008-08-19 18:15:41
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Help backing up Microsoft SQL Server with BackupPC (and WinXPs Shadow Copy Service)
From: "Alan McKay" <alan.mckay AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Kurt Tunkko" <kurt.tunko AT web DOT de>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 18:15:30 -0400
> 1) Can I [...] do a dump of the
> Microsoft SQL Database to a file and backup this file?

I don't use MS SQL, but the above works fine on MySQL.  I use the
mysqldump command to dump the DB and then those sql files can be
easily backed up.  And of course mysqldump works on the live DB so no
need to shut it down.  You may also want to put the MS SQL files in an
exclude list - I believe I saw that feature in BackupPC

--
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends"
 - Abraham Lincoln