BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] One PC Very Slow to Backup

2008-08-04 16:40:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] One PC Very Slow to Backup
From: Steve <zephod AT cfl.rr DOT com>
To: Kurt Tunkko <kurt.tunko AT web DOT de>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 16:40:40 -0400
---- Kurt Tunkko <kurt.tunko AT web DOT de> wrote:
> naigy wrote:
>
> > Still doing some testing. Not sure of the cause but one thing I do
> > know is that I did a incremental and a full backup from the command
> > line and both of these were done in the normal time of a bit over 2
> > hours. Will see how it goes
>
> that's great, so you have a backup in case you mess everything up - but
> it sounds strange that an incremental backup needs the same time like
> the full backup.
> Have you tried to make some more incremental backups?

I'm a BackupPC nOOb and I made the mistake of leaving the '+' after the "newer
than" variable while I was doing a backup of a local machine. This confused
BackupPC (not suprsingly) and it interpreted the date as some time in 1901 so
my incremental backup was the same size and took the same time as the full
backup.
In the log file, check the 'newer-than' date on your incremental backup.

>>From what I remember of this thread I don't think that this is your problem
>>but you never know.

Steve.