BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] clustered file system and multiple servers

2008-08-01 07:52:50
Subject: [BackupPC-users] clustered file system and multiple servers
From: sabujp <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 07:52:36 -0400
I'm thinking about setting up BackupPC on servers attached to a
shared/clustered file system (OCFS2) but wanted to know if it's possible for
multiple servers to share the same top level data directory as long as the
servers are backing up different clients? I'm guessing that if the servers use
different top level directories then the servers don't yet have the ability to
create hardlinks from another data pool even if the data directory is on the
same file system?

Which is also related to the next question, is it possible for BackupPC to use
multiple top level data directories across different file systems? The reason
for this is that OCFS2 currently supports 16TB per file system. If we begin to
run out of space on one file system can we setup BackupPC to start using
another top level data directory or is it "smart" enough to start using another
data directory automatically if we specify it in the setup somehow?