BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupFilesExclude via smb for Windows Shares - Problem

2008-06-23 09:13:31
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupFilesExclude via smb for Windows Shares - Problem
From: Denyerec <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 07:06:47 -0400
Hi there,

I've been struggling to get a full backup working with BackupFilesExclude on
windows.  I have a couple of directories in a couple of shares that I don't
need/want backed up (Cache and temp directories, as well as transient
downloads.)

So far, I have only been able to exclude a directory by using the following
config:

$Conf&#123;SmbShareName&#125; = &#91;
&nbsp; '_downloads'
&#93;;
$Conf&#123;BackupFilesExclude&#125; = &#123;
&nbsp; '*' => &#91;
&nbsp; &nbsp; '?Temp'
&nbsp; &#93;
&#125;;
$Conf&#123;SmbSharePasswd&#125; = '*******';
$Conf&#123;SmbShareUserName&#125; = 'dennet';

I had previously tried the following config as a precursor to adding more
excluded directories, but it copied the "excluded" folders anyway! :

$Conf&#123;SmbShareName&#125; = &#91;
&nbsp; '_downloads'
&#93;;
$Conf&#123;BackupFilesExclude&#125; = &#123;
&nbsp; '_downloads' => &#91;
&nbsp; &nbsp; '/Temp'
&nbsp; &#93;
&#125;;
$Conf&#123;SmbSharePasswd&#125; = '*******';
$Conf&#123;SmbShareUserName&#125; = 'dennet';

Is it perhaps something to do with the slash directions on windows? I read a
blog post somewhere saying that only one exclusion per config was possible when
backing up from windows, but wasn't sure if this was a limitation of an older
version.

I need to be able to specify multiple exclusions in multiple shares, so any
direction on this matter would be gretly appreciated.

I'm running on Ubuntu 7.10, with the latest version of BackupPC from their
repository.

Kind regards,
Denyer