BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] thnks n sorry Re: problems with rsync

2008-06-17 06:16:16
Subject: [BackupPC-users] thnks n sorry Re: problems with rsync
From: "Benedict simon" <simon AT kmun.gov DOT kw>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:37:29 +0300 (AST)

>>> It is when you are running these commands as the user BackupPC is
>>> running as. Don't run these as root.
>>
>> Thanks nils,
>>
>> apprecite your quick reply
>> i really cd not understand
>> sorry for that
>>
>> do u mean the in the rsync client cmd the root is to be substituted
>> with
>> backuppc which is my BackupPC user
>> i tried substituting the root user with backuppc but it says invalid
>> user
>> since this user not in my client linux pc
>>
>> i really apprecite if cd advise again
>> really wd apprecite your help
>
> No, that is not what I mean. What I mean is that you should first
> change to the backuppc user on your server before running the ssh
> command. The backuppc user has to be able to ssh into the clients to
> back them up. I think you may have run those commands as root or
> another user, but the backuppc user is the one who has to be able to
> login.
>
> And please reply to the mailinglist instead of just to me.
>
> Nils.

Thanks Nils,

apprecite your quick reply
i will check this out

actually when i generated the public n private ssh keys for the BackupPC
server to loginto the client pc i did it as root

i will check this out

thnks once again

n sorry for not reply to post i did foregt to change the address in my
reply email

regards

simon

--