BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc problem

2008-06-12 14:24:20
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc problem
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:24:09 +0200
On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 04:47:44PM +0000, fatima ech-charif wrote:

> i do that:
> #chown -R backuppc /data/BackupPC
> but is the same problem
> # /etc/init.d/backuppc start
> Starting backuppc: 2008-06-12 10:03:03 Can't create a test hardlink between
> a file in /data/BackupPC/pc and /data/BackupPC/cpool.  Either these are
> different file systems, or this file system doesn't support hardlinks, or
> these directories don't exist, or there is a permissions problem, or the
> file system is out of inodes or full.  Use df, df -i, and ls -ld to check
> each of these possibilities. Quitting...

I've got the feeling that there are two backuppc users or there is some
similar subtle problem. And, of course, user backuppc has to be able to
access /data!
Please send the output of:

id backuppc
grep backuppc /etc/passwd /etc/group
(replace the password hash from grep output by XXX before sending it to the
list)
ls -al /data
ls -ln /data/BackupPC
su - backuppc