BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Enhancements in rsync 3.0

2008-06-09 20:27:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Enhancements in rsync 3.0
From: "Paul Mantz" <pcmantz AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Hendrik Friedel" <hen_mail AT web DOT de>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 18:44:04 -0500
The configurations options are a bit misleading.  Rsync's implementation in BackupPC is pretty complicated.  BackupPC uses the rsync binary to initiate the transfer, but then uses File::RsyncP to handle the actual file transferring.

File::RsyncP is a full implementation of the rsync protocol from front to back, so it needs to support the most recent version as well.