BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] howto proceed after backup disk space full <Virus checked>

2008-06-05 10:34:22
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] howto proceed after backup disk space full <Virus checked>
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Thomas Lehmann <thomas.lehmann AT kvt DOT de>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 07:34:06 -0700
Thomas writes:

> On the other hand couldn't I examine the individual XferLOG files to
> get some of the entries in the backups summary files? Which fields are
> important to get access to the backups? Which fields just hold some
> additional information to be displayed by the web frontend (these could
> be filled by some less accurate data, e.g. gathered by inspecting the
> backup directories)?

You're right - the backups file is mostly status.  Here is the list
of entries (they are tab separated):

    num type startTime endTime
    nFiles size nFilesExist sizeExist nFilesNew sizeNew
    xferErrs xferBadFile xferBadShare tarErrs
    compress sizeExistComp sizeNewComp
    noFill fillFromNum mangle xferMethod level

You could write a short perl script to write the file.  That will
make sure the formatting is correct.  Or just copy a line from
another file and make sure you don't remove/add any tabs.

See the documentation for more information.  You probably need
at least these fields:

    num: backup number (matches the directory number)

    type: full or incr

    startTime: unix seconds for start of backup; needed to schedule
               next backup

    endTime: end of backup in unix seconds - not important, just used
               to compute duration of backup and Xfer rates

    compress: set to 1

    noFill: set to 1

    mangle: set to 1

    level: 1 for incr and 0 for full