BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup whith 'smb'

2008-06-02 23:04:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup whith 'smb'
From: dan <dandenson AT gmail DOT com>
To: nadiakheffache AT yahoo DOT fr
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 21:04:06 -0600
what distro are you using?  you should be able to install samba with your package manager and be done.  you could change your workgroup to match your domain if you like but shouldn't even have to do that.  backuppc uses nmblookup which is part of the samba package to determine ip address from the host name, then connects directly to that machine via the samba client with the supplied username and password in the backuppc config.  no need to configure samba in most circumstances.  If you have an active directory domain you may need to join that domain to gain access to those resources.