BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Store backupdata on other server

2008-05-29 08:59:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Store backupdata on other server
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 14:59:48 +0200
On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 02:58:14PM +0200, Daniel Dietz wrote:
> Hi I'm planning to install BackupPC but I couldn't figure out if it is
> possible to store the backup files on another Server. Because our main File
> Server we use for backup is a Windows 2003 R2 Server. So my Question is it
> possible to store all the backup files on this server and NOT locally on the
> BackupPC-Server?

BackupPC doesn't care where the data is stored. It only needs a
filesystem which is available locally _and supports hardlinks_.

So, if you manage to somehow mount your Windows' NTFS to your BackupPC
server, it should work since NTFS supports hardlinks. I'd test that
rather intensive, though.

Tino.

--
"What we resist, persists." (Zen saying)

www.craniosacralzentrum.de
www.forteego.de