BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Using cron for backup scheduling.

2008-05-27 18:05:26
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Using cron for backup scheduling.
From: Frederick Reeve <cylix AT solace DOT info>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 17:04:58 -0500
Hello

I have what I hope will be a simple question.

I am using cron to schedule backups of may of our machines.  I'm using cron
because its easier in some cases than using BackupPCs interface. The command
line I currently use to run backups is something like this:

${backuppc_path}/bin/BackupPC_dump -f host >
/var/log/backuppc/host.${date_time}.log

or with -i for incromental.

This command does not show the backup in progress in the web interface though.
Neighther does it put a log file up for the webinterface to use.  The hosts I
am scheduling with cron have $Conf{BackupsDisable} = '1';.

So my question is, is there a command that can be run that will show the backup
properly in the web interface?  Both as in progress and make the log files?