BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to BackupFilesExclude to exclude locked files on Windows XP

2008-05-20 10:27:02
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to BackupFilesExclude to exclude locked files on Windows XP
From: Les Stott <les AT cyberpro.com DOT au>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 00:25:59 +1000
Kurt jasper wrote:
> ok, to exclude the follwing files that can be found in any
> user-directory C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME), I followed your
> suggestion and put intomy CLIENT.PL:
> [...]
> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = '/';
> $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = ['/home','/etc','/cygdrive/c/Dokumente und
> Einstellungen/'];
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
> 'c' => ['/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/NTUSER.DAT','/Dokumente und
> Einstellungen/*/ntuser.dat.LOG','/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Lokale
> Einstellungen/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat','/Dokumente
> und Einstellungen/*/Lokale
> Einstellungen/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat','/UsrClass.dat.LOG'],
> };

Your RsyncShareName is wrong, or at least different to what you had
before. Your exclude is explicity defined as "c", but your
RsyncShareName is "/". Your excludes never get touched because your not
specifying an rsync "c" share. Also your BackupFilesOnly looks wrong
too. You're getting confused with sharenames and pathing.

RsyncShareName is the name of the rsync share on the client PC, as
specified in the client's rsyncd.conf on the PC. In that rsyncd.conf if
your share name is "C" then your path should be "c:"

a clients pc's rsyncd.conf c drive share for example:

[cdrive]
  path = c:
  comment = Entire Drive
  hosts allow = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  strict modes = false
  read only = false
  list = false

BackupPC only needs to know the name of the Share, then all paths,
excludes, includes are relative. A client.pl on the backuppc server for
example....

$Conf{RsyncShareName} = 'c';
$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = [/Dokumente und Einstellungen/'];
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
'c' => ['/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/NTUSER.DAT','/Dokumente und
Einstellungen/*/ntuser.dat.LOG','/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Lokale
Einstellungen/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat','/Dokumente
und Einstellungen/*/Lokale
Einstellungen/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat','/UsrClass.dat.LOG'],
};

For the excludes you can use "*" which means apply to all shares. i.e.

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
'*' => ['/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/NTUSER.DAT','/Dokumente und
Einstellungen/*/ntuser.dat.LOG','/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Lokale
Einstellungen/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat','/Dokumente
und Einstellungen/*/Lokale
Einstellungen/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Windows/UsrClass.dat','/UsrClass.dat.LOG'],
};

Regards,

Les