BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore Issues with larger files

2008-05-19 16:01:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore Issues with larger files
From: "Lee A. Connell" <lee AT ammocomp DOT com>
To: "Chris Baker" <cbaker AT intera DOT com>, <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 16:04:11 -0400
Sorr I missed information.  I am restoring to RHEL4 box.  I can transfer 500MB
files no problem, but once I try 2GB or more it fails with a PIPE error.  I
have been able to transfer a 2GB file maybe twice out of the 20 times I've
tried.  Any ideas?

Not directly related to the original post but i seem to have lots of problems
relating to larger files with rsync, even when I am backing up large files,
like Exchange database, it causes issues, but it doesn't have this issue with
every deployment of backuppc, I'm not sure what to do.

I've tried changing my transfer method from rsync to smb and this is what I get
in the log when backing up a windows machine.

}Üh�ÜUðßàöÄzÜ`�ÜUøé{ÿÿÿÝØ3À[^ÉÂ�ÌÌÌÌÌ‹ÿU‹ìQ‹E
S3Û;Ãu
¸@�€ë{V‹uƒÆ4‰9Wu]�Eü/attrib (ed8d4fc28920fb5327c53f64019fa61b)
tarExtract: Unexpected end of tar archive (tot = 1048576, num = 287232, posn = )
tarExtract: Removing partial file
�‹ø;û|I8Ôt"‹E‹@@8X/ujôÿÌ�Pè”øÿÿ„ÀtVjëVS‹Eü‹jPÿ‘€���‹ø‹Eü‹PÿQ;û}‹Çë‹E
‹
‰‹6‹VÿP3À_^[ÉÂ�ÌÌÌÌÌ‹ÿU‹ìVÿu
ÿuÿÔ�‹ð…ö}G�þó€uÿuh
tarExtract: BackupPC_tarExtact aborting (Unexpected end of tar archive)
tarExtract: Done: 188 errors, 48 filesExist, 802 sizeExist, 181034
sizeExistComp, 66 filesTotal, 21520584660 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (Unexpected end of tar archive)
Backup aborted (Unexpected end of tar archive)

Lee Connell
Ammonoosuc Computer Services, Inc.
Network Engineer

15 Main St. Suite 10
Littleton, NH 03561
603-444-3937

If you require immediate response please send your inquiry to
helpdesk AT ammocomp DOT com