BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Resume Backup

2008-05-18 17:45:02
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Resume Backup
From: "Hendrik Friedel" <hen_mail AT web DOT de>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 23:44:46 +0200
Hello,

I found the source of the problem:

Q: Why does my transfer die with something like the following error?

rsync: error writing 4 unbuffered bytes - exiting: Broken pipe
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(463)
There are several common causes for a remote rsync process going away:
  • The destination disk is full (remember that you need at least the size of the largest file that needs to be updated available in free disk space for the transfer to succeed).
Bingo. That's it. I would have hoped for a more specific error-Message, though.
Maybe it would be advisable to make Backuppc check, if the disc is full in case of a "child exited prematurely" error and let BackupPc display a message "child exited prematurely, Your disc is full" message?!
Greetings,
Hendrik