BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Win2k SP4 + Cygwin-rsyncd 2.6.8_0 transfers only +/-500 Kbytes - very very slow

2008-05-06 08:05:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Win2k SP4 + Cygwin-rsyncd 2.6.8_0 transfers only +/-500 Kbytes - very very slow
From: "Giorgio Emanuel" <giorgiolago AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 09:04:57 -0300
In my case, the transfers are slower using 100Mb lan
Until i cant find  a proper solution to the problem, I will use "rsync over smb".

2008/5/6 Rob Owens <rob.owens AT biochemfluidics DOT com>:

Giorgio Emanuel wrote:
> Hi guys i need some help wich Rsync running under windows (cygwin)
> My backups transfers do not exceed the speed of 500 kbytes no matter
> what I do, I tried to use the latest version cygwin snapshot  and the
> rate of speed did not increase :(  the rate of transfer is slow... keeps
> in 500 kbytes or less.
I have the same problem.  I'm using the rsyncd package downloaded from
the BackupPC site.  Over the internet, I cannot exceed 500 Kb, but
backing up on the local network I can just about saturate my network.
I've tested this with 7 windows servers (2000 and 2003) with the same
results.  My internet connection can support greater than 500 Kb, and in
fact it reaches speeds of about 1.5 Mb which using rsync over ssh to my
linux servers.

-Rob

incomplete, or contain viruses.
version.