BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Cannot move hard links using BackupPC_tarPCCopy

2008-04-30 11:09:30
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Cannot move hard links using BackupPC_tarPCCopy
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:09:09 +0200
On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:02:25PM +0800, peter_2000 AT users.sourceforge DOT
net wrote:

> I have set up BackupPC on Kubuntu as a guest OS sitting on top of
> Windows XP using vmWare Server. Thus, my full set up is:
> - Windows XP Prof
> - vmWare Server
> - Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron (as a guest OS in vmWare)
> - virtual disk on a USB 320G disk
> - Current backup directory: /var/lib/backuppc
> - New backup directory: /mnt/myusbdrive/backuppc
> I was able to do a test backup which went to the default set up
> of /var/lib/backuppc/pc
> However, to have a proper set up I need to increase my disk space
> for the backup. I created a virtual disk that is sitting on the
> USB drive.
> I created the folders under "/mnt/myusbdrive/backuppc" :
> - pc
> - cpool
> - pool
> - log
> The permissions and ownership for each are:
> - drwxr-xr-x  for pc, cpool, & pool
> - drwxr-x---  for the log directory
> - drwxr-x---  for the pc/leo directory
> I stopped the backuppc process with "/etc/init.d/backuppc stop"
> I then did a su to be the user backuppc and then navigated my way
> to "/mnt/myusbdrive/backuppc/pc"
> Once in the folder, I executed the command,
> "/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarPCCopy /var/lib/backuppc/pc
> | xvPf -"
> Unfortunately, each time I have tried I receive the following
> error (for each and every file):
> tar: ./leo/5/fZleo/attrib: Cannot hard link to
> `../pool/7/1/a/71a84edaf55c1badb085a7937fc09c15': No such file or
> directory

You need to copy the pool first, preferably using cp -a (or
tar cf pool | tar xf -), BackupPC_tarCopy creates a special tar file
with only hardlinks to the pool.

HTH,

Tino.

--
„What we resist, persists.” (Zen saying)

www.craniosacralzentrum.de
www.forteego.de