BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] tons of files not getting backed up

2008-04-29 10:47:44
Subject: [BackupPC-users] tons of files not getting backed up
From: Arch Willingham <arch AT tuparks DOT com>
To: "'BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net'" <BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:23:52 -0400

I have a machine that backs up five windows machines. The machine is running Fedora FC8 and Backup PC 3.0 and has been running perfectly in its current config for over a year (other then normally re-boots). I used to check on it every once in a while but it is so stable I hardly ever even look at it. The only time I have really even looked at in the last year was to restore files to the windows machines.

Yesterday, for the heck of it, I thought I’d check and see how its doing and looked at the recent backups. No errors show up but it is backing up very little data.

Host

User

#Full

Full Age (days)

Full Size (GB)

Speed (MB/s)

#Incr

Incr Age (days)

Last Backup (days)

State

Last attempt

comp1

backup

2

2.2

37.83

4.55

6

0.2

0.2

idle

idle

Comp2

backup

2

4.3

0.07

1.49

6

0.3

0.3

idle

idle

comp3

backup

2

2.2

0.90

2.97

6

0.2

0.2

idle

idle

Comp4

backup

2

4.3

0.25

2.60

6

0.3

0.3

idle

idle

comp5

backup

2

4.3

1.33

4.15

6

0.3

0.3

idle

idle

Except the first one, all have about 4gb of data on their drives but you can see BackupPC is only getting a little bit. On several of the machines, all BackupPC is backing up is the directory structure…..all the directories are empty. If you go to the logs, you see a header like this:

Contents of file /data/BackupPC/pc/group/XferLOG.159.z, modified 2008-04-25 04:00:49

Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\comp2\\C\$ -U domain/backupdude -E -N -d 1 -c tarmode\ full -Tc -
full backup started for share C$
Xfer PIDs are now 5018,5017
Domain=[DOMAIN] OS=[Windows Server 2003 3790 Service Pack 2] Server=[Windows Server 2003 5.2]
tarmode is now full, system, hidden, noreset, verbose

and then after a while you see lots of these messages:

client_check_incoming_message: received message with mid 2659 with no matching send record.
SMB Signature verification failed on incoming packet!
Server packet had invalid SMB signature! listing \direcm\ARCH\*

Even then, you see no mention of dirtectorsi like \windows\system32 and others…they just get skipped.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Arch