BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC data on a Samba share

2008-04-24 18:10:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC data on a Samba share
From: "David Rees" <drees76 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Stephen Joyce" <stephen AT physics.unc DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:10:27 -0700
On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Stephen Joyce <stephen AT physics.unc DOT edu>
wrote:
>  For anything approaching 1TB or larger, consider xfs over ext3. Fsck'ing a
>  large ext3 filesystem takes ages.

Why would you ever need to fsck a ext3 volume? I suspect that a full
fsck of an xfs volume is just as slow as fscking a ext3 volume...

If you were comparing ext2 and xfs, then I'd agree, but really, there
is no real need to regularly perform a full fsck on ext3 volumes.

-Dave