Amanda-Users

LISA'09 Events

2009-10-30 21:32:44
Subject: LISA'09 Events
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>, Nick Brockner <nbrockne AT hamilton DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:22:54 -0400
Will you be at LISA'09?  I will!  It's in Baltimore, and falls just a
week before I move from Annapolis back to Chicago, so I couldn't say
no!

Nick Brockner and I will be presenting a "Guru is In" session on
Amanda at 2pm on Thursday the 5th.  It'd be great to hear from other
Amanda users and hackers there.

I'd also like to host an Amanda BoF, which can work any of three ways:

1. A general "what the heck is Amanda and how can it be useful?"
session (this is what LISA'08's BoF was).
2. An Amanda troubleshooting session.
3. An Amanda "sprint" with a few easy Perl and C tasks -- a chance to
get your name in the AUTHORS file.

So: will you be there?  Which of the above would you prefer?  Is there
a preferred night for the BoF?

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer