Amanda-Users

Re: Scheduling a level 0 backup for Fridays only ?

2009-10-05 15:28:33
Subject: Re: Scheduling a level 0 backup for Fridays only ?
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Matt Ingram <mingram AT cbnco DOT com>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 15:15:06 -0400
Hi Matt,

On all fridays, before amdump, run: amadmin CONF force "*"
In the dumptype, set maxpromoteday to 0.

Jean-Louis

Matt Ingram wrote:
Hi All,

We're having issues with our Level 0 backups taking an extremely long time.. (200-300GB taking 12-24 hours.. is that normal?)

One temporary solution we've been talking about implementing is finding a way to make our level 0's only happen on Friday night, so they have all weekend to run, before the tape needs to be swapped.

If 12-24hours to backup 200Gb seems like a long time, I wouldn't mind going over some of the details to find where the problem is, but in the meantime tips for Level 0 on Fridays only is my priority.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt.