Amanda-Users

Re: Backup issues with OpenBSD 4.5 machines

2009-09-28 14:17:10
Subject: Re: Backup issues with OpenBSD 4.5 machines
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Michael Burk <burkml AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:11:51 -0400
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
wrote:
> Option 1 would be temporary -- eventually, I would like to be able to
> use threads on clients, to support compression and encryption, for
> example.  Option 1 is also harder than it sounds -- futzing with the
> build process is like playing whack-a-mole, where any change causes
> problems on another platform.

Apologies for replying to myself, but while putting together the patch
(attached), I noticed that this will affect the server, too -- amandad
is the gateway for amrecover to get access to data for recoveries.  So
option 1 is not really feasible.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer