Amanda-Users

Re: very slow amcheck

2009-09-24 23:18:46
Subject: Re: very slow amcheck
From: Nathan Stratton Treadway <nathanst AT ontko DOT com>
To: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 23:10:11 -0400
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 11:38:57 -0400, stan wrote:
> Right, you and I are thinking alike on this. What I was hoping was that
> there was the functional equivilant of a -v (verbose) flag to amcheck, so
> that I could see what it was doing.

On my system (Amanda 2.5.1p3), the amcheck log files found at
  /var/log/amanda/server/<CONFIG>/amcheck.*.debug
do include timestamp information for when each remote host sent its
reply package.

It only has IP numbers (not host names), but there should be enough
information there for you to at least figure out which hosts are taking
the longest to reply....

(I belive that the "/var/log/amanda" here is the directory specified by
the AMANDA_DBGDIR setting found in the "amadmain <CONFIG> version"
output.)

                                                Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  nathanst AT ontko DOT com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239