Amanda-Users

hard coded limit REP_TIMEOUT of 6hrs in amandad-src/amandad.c

2009-08-31 13:50:17
Subject: hard coded limit REP_TIMEOUT of 6hrs in amandad-src/amandad.c
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <malin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:53:43 -0400
Hi,

I was hitting this hard coded limit a couple years ago running
2.5.2-20070523 and over the last month it started to show up again on
a client having a lot of big DLEs (20 or so for a total of 11TB).
Client is running 2.6.0p2 and server is at 2.6.1p1. Back then
Jean-Louis provided me with a patch that reseted the timeout after
each estimates but just perusing the source I see that amandad.c
has been extensively rewritten. Anyone cares to have a look at this?

thanks,
jf
--
<° >< Jean-François Malouin          McConnell Brain Imaging Centre
Systems/Network Administrator       Montréal Neurological Institute