Amanda-Users

Re: Backup issues with OpenBSD 4.5 machines

2009-08-24 15:31:27
Subject: Re: Backup issues with OpenBSD 4.5 machines
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 15:15:22 -0400
On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 02:01:09PM -0400, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> This bug can't be fixed until we understand it.

Agreed.

> Ask on a OpenBSD list how a write to a blocking pipe can return EAGAIN.
> Or the pipe semantics changed and they don't default to blocking.

I already posted the code snipet to the OpenBSD list, but no one has
commented on it yet. I have found, in the past, that having a simple
reproducable free standing code snippet that demonstrates the problem, can
often result in a better result on mailing lists.

I have not had time to try to understnad the code well enough to produce
such an example, yet.

programs.