Amanda-Users

application-tool errors/notes

2009-08-20 18:41:23
Subject: application-tool errors/notes
From: Christopher <chrismcc AT pricegrabber DOT com>
To: Amanda Users List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 15:27:13 -0700
Hello...

I tried out application-tool over the last couple days to solve a netapp
snapshot vs. gtar --one-file-system problem.  A couple notes:

http://wiki.zmanda.com/man/amgtar.8.html has an example, but the example
is missing the "plugin amgtar" line.  amcheck will show "amanda.conf",
line 73: plugin not set for application" error.

and this line:
property "GNUTAR-LISTDIR" "
is missing the end quote.

I also recommend something like:
define dumptype my-type-app_gtar {
        my-global
        program "APPLICATION"
        application "app_gtar"
}
As an example of how to use it.

the amanda.conf man page and error is slightly confusing about how to
call it (but makes sense in hindsight).  I had something like:
define dumptype my-type-app_gtar {
        my-global
        program "APPLICATION" "app_gtar"
}

and the error I get is:
amanda.conf", line 112: end of line is expected

which is really not the real error.  It needs the application "app_gtar"
line.

and for anyone using the rhel/fedora
rpms ,/usr/libexec/amanda/application/amstar
and /usr/libexec/amanda/application/amgtar  need root:disk ownership and
4750 perms.

--
Christopher McCrory

chrismcc AT pricegrabber DOT com