Amanda-Users

amcheck /dev/root permissions denied

2009-08-19 20:59:58
Subject: amcheck /dev/root permissions denied
From: "Hugh E Cruickshank" <hugh AT forsoft DOT com>
To: "Amanda Users List" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:51:02 -0700
Amanda 2.6.1p1 on RHEL 5.3

Hi All:

I am attempting to add the following entries to an exiting disklist
file:

    pgips2 /            always-full
    pgips2 /boot        always-full

When I run the amcheck I get the following error:

    ERROR: pgips2: Could not access /dev/root (/): Permission denied

I have done a bunch of searching on the web and as a result I have
tried change the permissions on /dev/root from 600 to 640 and 660.
That did not work so I tried "setfacl -m u:amandabackup:rwx /dev/root"
but that did not work. I have also tried changing the permissions and
adding and ACL to / but that did not work either.

Background:

I installed the amanda-backup_server-2.6.1p1-1.rhel5.i386.rpm from
the Zmanada web site. This created the amandabackup user which I use
for all the Amanda commands. Everything is running on a single box
at this point so not networking is involved yet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

Regards, Hugh

--