Amanda-Users

Re: 2.6.1p1-20090805 snapshot: amtapetype failure

2009-08-12 17:01:41
Subject: Re: 2.6.1p1-20090805 snapshot: amtapetype failure
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Jean-Francois Malouin <malin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:18:25 -0400
On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Jean-Francois
Malouin<malin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca> wrote:
> Running amtapetype yields:
>
> opt/amanda/sbin# ./amtapetype -f /dev/nst1
> Can't locate object method "new" via package "Amanda::Header" at
> ./amtapetype line 307.

Hey, thanks!  Note that you're running the snapshot of the latest
release branch, rather than head -- but you've found a bug there all
the same.

It looks like this was a merge error where one change was merged to
the branch without something it depended on.  In this case, the
dependency was a renaming of Amanda::Types to Amanda::Header.  I'll
adjust amtapetype in that branch to use Amanda::Types.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com