Amanda-Users

Amanda 2.6.1 configure faailing to detect GNU tar

2009-08-10 08:28:43
Subject: Amanda 2.6.1 configure faailing to detect GNU tar
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 14:11:59 -0400
I am building 2.6.1 on OpenBSD 4,5. confiugre was fgailing to detect g`GNU
tar properly. so I added the following to my configure arguments:

--with-gnutar=/usr/local/bin/gtar

This is GNU tar:

# /usr/local/bin/gtar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.22
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.

But configure is still reporting:

WARNINGS:
  /usr/local/bin/gtar is not GNU tar, so it will not be used.
  /bin/tar is not GNU tar, so it will not be used.

What do I need to do to coerce Amanda into using this?

I need this, as I need to using exclude files on these machines, and I am
failry certain that requires tar, right? These machines do have a native
dump. of course.

programs.