Amanda-Users

Re: [Amanda-users] Recommend a SCSI card for Amanda/Linux use??

2009-08-06 10:37:12
Subject: Re: [Amanda-users] Recommend a SCSI card for Amanda/Linux use??
From: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 16:22:50 +0200
rory_f schrieb:
And it is throwing up hardware errors every now and again so we
> want to grab another one to put in there. I understand it could
> also be cabling which is causing this and we'll address that too

Check the cable and the terminator. Mostly something is wrong with that if hardware errors occur or speed is to low. Maybe someone bend some pins, when connecting the cable or terminator?

I'm using here:
- Adaptec 29160 Ultra160 SCSI adapter
- Adaptec 3960D Ultra160 SCSI adapter

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung IT)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost