Amanda-Users

Re: "preventing dump on (host) as directed"??

2009-08-05 16:45:10
Subject: Re: "preventing dump on (host) as directed"??
From: up AT 3 DOT am
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:24:53 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 10:36 AM, <up AT 3 DOT am> wrote:
However, one of the filesystems still failed to back up.  Furthermore, it
used 3 different virtual tapes for this run, even though I set:

It looks like it only used one tape -- what makes you think it used three?

How large are your tapes?  It wrote ~1.8G of data, then stopped.  Did
that filesystem run out of space?

No, the file system has some 300GB of available space, and the total backup would have been kess than 20GB. However, I had the tapetypes set to be 50GB and between this and other configs, may have had more 50GB tapes defined this way than there is space for. I never actually backed up anywhere near that much data or used that much space. Does that matter?

Also, can I assume that there is no good reason to use a holding disk on the backup server if you're doing disk based virtual tapes?

TIA!>

James Smallacombe                     PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
up AT 3 DOT am                                                      http://3.am