Amanda-Users

Re: [Amanda-users] amlabel syntax error

2009-08-05 12:40:17
Subject: Re: [Amanda-users] amlabel syntax error
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 10:09:48 -0400

crom84 wrote:
I had a reply at another forum that is linked to this one, but I do not see the
reply anywhere in this forum.

I'm still stuck .... anybody? Anybody at all?

I don't see a response to Jean-Louis Martineau's suggestions.

You did "su backup ./amlabel daily daily-21 slot21" originally. I see two or three issues with that.

For starters, I would use "su - backup ..." so that you actually get the environment of the backup user.

Second, "./..." has no meaning out of context of what your environment is and what your working directory is. You should use the full path as Jean-Louis suggested. Your use of "./..." implies that you have a script to do the labels or that you have cd'd into /usr/local/sbin, which is not standard procedure at all.

Third, as Jean-Louis said, you want to tell amlabel "slot 21" (note the space). The syntax (see `man amlabel`) is to give it the slot keyword followed by the slot number, not to tell it the name of a directory corresponding to the slot.

So, try

# su - backup amlabel daily daily-21 slot 21

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
  O__  ---- Systems Administrator