Amanda-Users

I don't understand that at least one full backup

2009-08-05 05:08:55
Subject: I don't understand that at least one full backup
From: liang cao <liangc.1986 AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 16:32:54 +0800
hello
I have read some documents about amanda.I don't understand that at least one full backup within 7days(if I set dumpcycle 7 days).Is it a real full backup?
For example,I have directories (home1,home2,home3,home4,home5,home6,home7) and the dumpcycle is 7 days.As the documents said,amanda will perform a full dump of 1/7th
 of all file systems each day, and perform incremental dumps on the rest of the 6/7th of file systems.
If the day is first day(monday) of the first week,first day to use amanda,does that mean no incremental dumps on the day ?
Suppose that I want to recover all of my data on tuesday of the second week,will amanda use the dump image in the first week ?
Suppose that home1 is full backed up on monday,but the full back up of home1 has been destroyed,does that mean the after 6 days' dump images can't be used(because they only have the incremental dumps,it's useless if we don't have the full dump)?
In a word ,I can't understand how to recover the data if amanda use a different backup scheduling.
Could you describe the exact processes of recovering or give me a document ?
If the data which is dumping is changed,what will amanda do?
My mother tongue is not English,wish that you could understand my meaning.
thank you!