Amanda-Users

Re: multiple questions: amlabel, solaris device for tape drive etc.

2009-06-22 09:16:13
Subject: Re: multiple questions: amlabel, solaris device for tape drive etc.
From: Darin Perusich <Darin.Perusich AT cognigencorp DOT com>
To: Andreas Kuntzagk <andreas.kuntzagk AT mdc-berlin DOT de>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:00:39 -0400
I always use /dev/rmt/0cn device on Solaris but if I'm not mistaken you
no longer need to specify the no-rewind device for the 2.6 release of
Amanda. The 'b' is to use BSD behavior instead of SRV4 for error
handling, see the mtio man page for more details.

Use amlabel to label the tapes, you'll need to load and unload each of
them. The pattern is derived from the 'labelstr' and 'tapecycle' which
was specified in your amanda.conf. If 'labelstr=^nightly_0-9*$' and
'tapecycle=23' then your tape labels would be nightly_1 through nightly_23.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator