Amanda-Users

Re: Amflush with a machine name change (same box)

2009-06-04 12:31:15
Subject: Re: Amflush with a machine name change (same box)
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Matt Burkhardt <mlb AT imparisystems DOT com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 08:42:57 -0700
Check the holding disk directory.

amflush doesn't flush an image if the dle is removed from the dumplist file.
You can remove the datestamp directories if you don't want to keep the backup. You must do the folowing f you want to keep theses backup and move them to tape:
 - Re-add the dle to the disklist file
 - Run amflush
 - Remove it from the disklist

Jean-Louis

Matt Burkhardt wrote:
Okay - finally got DHCP and DNS working on my box, so went ahead and changed the machines in my disklist from the IP address over to the machine names. Backup and restore are working great, but I did realize that I had a leftover dump that needed to be flushed. So I typed

amflush laptops

Multiple Amanda runs in holding disks; please pick one by letter:
  A. 20081206110010
  B. 20090601093142
Select datestamps to flush [A..B or <enter> for all]:
Could not find any valid dump image, check directory.

Anyone know which directory I check?

Thanks as always!
--
Matt Burkhardt, M.Sci. Technology Management
mlb AT imparisystems DOT com <mailto:mlb AT imparisystems DOT com>