Amanda-Users

Re: exclude lists

2009-05-19 09:38:22
Subject: Re: exclude lists
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Brandon Metcalf <brandon AT geronimoalloys DOT com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 08:47:57 -0400
The '.' is required, all excludes are relative to the dle you back up.

Brandon Metcalf wrote:
I have defined an exclude list in a dumptype using

  exclude list "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/exclude-list"

with entries like

  $ cat /etc/amanda/DailySet1/exclude-list
  ./dumps
  ./opt/dell/srvadmin/shared/.ipc

I have a couple of questions about the entries.  Based on the
documentation I've read and the tests I've run, the leading '.' is
required which means these are relative paths to the device where
these directories live.

First, am I correct in thinking the '.' are required?  If so, how can
Amanda be told to exclude, for example, /dumps on sda1 but still
backup /dumps on sda2 other than defining different dumps types with
their own exclude list?
You can't.

Jean-Louis