Amanda-Users

Re: xinetd and netstats - solved!

2009-05-14 15:57:40
Subject: Re: xinetd and netstats - solved!
From: Matt Burkhardt <mlb AT imparisystems DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 15:43:58 -0400
Just got a little further -

Realized the Ubuntu apt-get package makes modifications to your
inetd.conf file, so that's why amandaidx was running.  Also, the
amanda-server does not install the client portion (or amandad) so needed
to run sudo apt-get install amanda-client

Once I commented out the lines in inetd.conf, restart the machine, I can
now do netstat -a | grep am and get

tcp        0      0 *:amandaidx             *:*             LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:amidxtape             *:*             LISTEN
udp        0      0 *:amanda                *:*

and everything checks out fine.