Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover and directory with special chars

2009-05-12 09:22:47
Subject: Re: amrecover and directory with special chars
From: Franck GANACHAUD <franck.ganachaud AT altran DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 14:38:02 +0200
Unfortunatly, Jean-Louis, none of them does work.
I still have the accent incorrectly display if I set the locale before using amrecover. And using 'cd *niveau*' command give me an "Invalid directory - *niveau*" answer.

Franck.

Jean-Louis Martineau a écrit :
You can try to set the locale before executing amrecover.
A 'cd *niveau*' should change directory.

Jean-Louis

Franck GANACHAUD wrote:
Hi,

Server is debian etch using amanda 2.5.1p1
I have the following directory structure

/export/users/fganacha/"Directory with space"
 - "Directory_level_2"
 - "Répertoire niveau 2"
     - bugzilla-3.2.2.tar.gz

I want to restore the bugzilla-3.2.2.tar.gz file, so i use the amrecover command.

amanda:/data/tmp/server# amrecover myconf
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.1p1. Contacting server on localhost ...
220 amanda AMANDA index server (2.5.1p1) ready.
Setting restore date to today (2009-05-12)
200 Working date set to 2009-05-12.
200 Config set to myconf.
200 Dump host set to amanda.
Use the setdisk command to choose dump disk to recover
amrecover> sethost server
200 Dump host set to server.
amrecover> setdisk /export/users
200 Disk set to /export/users.
amrecover> cd fganacha
/export/users/fganacha
amrecover> cd "Directory with space"
/export/users/fganacha/"Directory with space"
amrecover> ls 2009-05-11 "03251pertoire niveau 2/"
2009-05-11 rectory_level_2/
2009-05-11 ""
amrecover>

And here is the problem, I'm unable to get into the " Répertoire niveau 2" to get the file to restore. The funny thing is the name of the directory "Directory_level_2" without space or accent ain't displayed correctly either.

I tried to turn the cdx and addx commands in every way I could imagine with no success.
How can I get the file with amrecover ?

Franck

--
GANACHAUD Franck - ALTRAN