Amanda-Users

Re: lseek kernel bug

2009-05-08 12:59:33
Subject: Re: lseek kernel bug
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: "Amanda user's group" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 18:36:49 +0200
Steven Backus schrieb:
> Just a stab in the dark, are you reading the tapes with the same
> blocksize as they were written?  This bit me recently.

thanks for the tip ...

I should mention that this is not an installation I did myself but a
support call from a *new* customer (first contact today). And they run a
backup box which wasn't documented by the former admin so I am pretty
much left with the configs and logs on the box.

As far as I see from this they used a bs of 32k so I used it (as you see
in my example).

Aside from that "mt fsf" should work reliably anyway ...

thanks, Stefan