Amanda-Users

log shows error "flush-threshold-dumped criteria not met" while flushing

2009-04-29 12:42:31
Subject: log shows error "flush-threshold-dumped criteria not met" while flushing
From: Rahul Amaram <rahul AT synovel DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 20:49:37 +0530
Hi,
I am using amanda for backup. I have used the below settings in "amanda.conf" to maximize my tape usage (I am using virutal tapes. I intend to write the contents of these virtual tapes to DVD once they are filled.):

flush-threshold-dumped 100
flush-threshold-scheduled 100
taperflush 100
autoflush yes

From what I understand, the backups are written to the holding disk. Once the size of the backups in the holding disk reaches the size of the virtual tape, these backups are written to the virtual tape. But I have observed that I always get the error (server.example.com is the backup server):

ERROR taper no-tape [flush-threshold-dumped criteria not met]
FAIL taper server.example.com /backup 20090422210043 0 "flush-threshold-dumped criteria not met"

It would be really helpful if someone could point me out the potential cause for this problem.

Regards,
Rahul.